This page will list all unused content in Abobo's Big Adventure. Some content related to Abobo's Big Adventure was cut from the final product such as unused text, unused mugshots for pre-existing enemies to unused enemies and images.
Some unused content from the game is available on the website "The Cutting Room Floor"; https://tcrf.net/Abobo%27s_Big_Adventure and a file for all of the sprites with some unused sprites in Abobo's Big Adventure is available on a downloadable file on the website "The Spriter's Resource"; https://www.spriters-resource.com/browser_games/abobosbigadventure/sheet/44257/.
Some unused text is present in the game, its possible that this text was leftover from earlier prototypes of the game.
- Megabobo level beta test completed! Please take a moment to submit your feedback about the level along with any bug reports using the form below. Thanks again for playing! - Leftover text from one of the game's protoypes.
- "DESCRIPTION ASDAS" - Unused text for testing a description.
- "Medal Description" "fdsafds ff fdsakgj jfdakfdajskfdaff ff" - This text was most likely used for testing the Medals (achievements)
- "Some BG" - Placeholder text for a background used in the game.
- "THE REST IS COMING SOON!" - Leftover from the game's demo.
Some enemies that appear in the game such as Skeleton Piranha (with two mugshots), Bub's bubble, and the three Viruses, also including the spiny egg that Lakitu throws, and the Referee and Cameraman from "Pro Wrabobo" all have unused mugshots in the game's files. These mugshots were most likely used for damage for these enemies, but scrapped, its possible that these mugshots were scrapped obvious reasons.
For example; both variations of Skeleton Piranhas are fought against the boss battle between Big Daddy, Bub is an individual enemy and their is already a mugshot for the enemy Bubble, and the Viruses come out of Cranky's, can't be damaged and there are over three variations of the same enemy. The spiny egg is only thrown out by Lakitu, and the Referee and Cameraman are only seen during The Amazon's battle, and health and mugshots for fighting Big Daddy, Lakitu, Crankies, and The Amazon are shown onscreen instead.
Some unused enemies are seen in the Abobo's Big Adventure game files as unused mugshots for these enemies are seen below, suggesting that all of these enemies may have been planned to appear in the game as enemies.
Over ninth unused enemies have mugshots that appear in the game's files for Abobo's Big Adventure, though no sprites are ever been seen in the files.
- Frog - a mutant frog enemy taken from the first NES game of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This frog enemy was most likely was going to appear in Super Mabobo.
- Boss Bass (also known as Big Bertha) - a large fish enemy from Super Mario Bros. 3. Boss Bass was obviously going to appear in Super Mabobo or Pro Wrabobo.
- Pooka - a tomato like enemy from the arcade game, Dig Dug. Pooka was most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo, due to Dig Dug appearing in the level and would have fittingly been an enemy in the dungeon.
- Fygar - a fire-breathing dragon enemy from the arcade game, Dig Dug. Fygar most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo or Mega Mabobo. Though, Fygar's model was used for an enemy called Dino Roller, which appears in the aforementioned Mega Mabobo level and uses a similar mugshot. Fygar was most likely scrapped for Dino Roller.
- Ninji - a ninja enemy from Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2. Ninji was most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo.
- Snapjaw - red and blue variations of a alligator/living bear trap enemy from Donkey Kong Jr. Both Snapjaws were most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo or Pro Wrabobo.
- Wallmaster - a monstrous hand enemy from The Legend of Zelda. Wallmasters were most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo, due to the level being based off The Legend of Zelda.
- Slime - an unknown slime enemy from an unknown NES game, which could most likely have bee Zol from The Legend of Zelda. This enemy was most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo, similar to Wallmaster, obviously due to the dungeon being based off Zelda and having Choco Kisses, which are other slime themed enemies, as enemies.
- Spark - a enemy from Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2. Spark most likely going to appear in Zeldabobo.
- An unused image of the game's level select, however Java is seen on one of the screens, replacing Kirby, suggesting that he was originally a boss in the game.
- An unused image from "Pro Wrabobo" appears in the game's files, the image has Excitebiker, Buzzy, Fish, Spinner, Reaper and Reapettes, however the final product has Reaper and Reapettes appear near the end of the level, and Reapettes don't spawn, until Abobo appears near a Reaper, which freaks out and spawns them, also this section was obviously changed, including the enemy placement.
- An unused image from "Contrabobo" appears in the game's files, the image has a Zombie below a section in the level, and a Red Arremer appears in the image, which suggests that this enemy was originally going to appear in this level, however, unlike the other unused enemies, Red Arremer has no mugshot of his own in the game's files, but does make a appearance in a cutscene in "Punchabobo."
While Vic Viper stills appears in the game's intro, one of Vic Viper's forms was originally going to appear in the said intro.
In the game's files, Guts Tank, a boss based off the robot master named Guts Man from Mega Man 2 appears, but scrapped. While, Guts Tank never made an appearance in the game, the boss would have most likely appeared in a cutscene in Contrabobo, where he would have been vomited out by Kirby after his boss battle.