Abobo Battle is a unlockable mode in Abobo's Big Adventure. It is based off Double Dragon's battle mode. Abobo, along with three recolored Abobo's, which are Greenobo, Purpobo and Bluebobo are playable in a two player battle mode to the death.
Abobo Battle is an alpha-version of a two-player fighting game with a variety of special moves for you to discover. However, this being an alpha build, there are lots of bugs. Still, you and a friend get to fight Abobo against another Abobo...so bugs or not, you can't just go wrong with that.
The player also needs to press start the "A" button to start Abobo battle. A timer displayed in red numbers counts 20 to 0 on the bottom of the screen, but once all of the numbers counting end, the player is stuck with the decision for the Abobo and arena chosen.
Over seven different arenas from different NES games appear as fighting arenas for this mode.
- AWSD + C,V
- Arrows + O,P
- Scenic Canals
- Spooky Yard
- War Zone
- Scared Dojo
- Big City Nightlife
Each of the Abobo's have their own lines if one of them wins in Abobo Battle.
- Abobo: "When you wish upon a star..... It laugh in your face and grant my wish of beating instead!"
- Greenobo: "Let's kiss and make up. Oh wait, we can't, because I punched your lips off!"
- Purpobo: "May the force of my fist be with you."
- Bluebobo: "Looks like somebody had blue, blue, blue Christmas!"
- Aside from Scenic Canals being the arena from battle mode from Double Dragon for the NES, the origins of the other arenas are;
- Spooky Yard is the first few screens of the NES port of Maniac Mansion.
- War Zone is based off the P.O.W. Camp from P.O.W.: Prisoners of War.
- Gymnasium is the River City High gym from River City Ransom.
- Gangland is the run-down city from Target: Renegade.
- Scared Dojo is taken from the sixth stage from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game.
- Big City Nightlife is based off the Waterfront stage from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters.
- Greenbobo is based on Mibobo from Double Dragon.
- Purpobo's line "May the force of my fist be with you" is a reference to Star Wars.
- This mode was confirmed as a semi-buggy build of a bonus game that never made the cut in the full game of Abobo's Big Adventure.